Saturday, February 4, 2017

Communication Similarities and Differences

This week I was really surprised that others viewed me as a good listener!! Personally, I believed that I listen actively, but for others to think the same was surprising and exciting. This is a big communication trait that I have been working on consistently in every aspect of my life. My co-workers always speak to my patience with customers and the great rapport that I build. 85% of my success is due to just listening. I am happy that my efforts are reflecting not only to myself but also to others. This week in communication I have learned that appearance is very essential to how people may read you. Also body language can speak volumes to character. When looking at that photo, we created assumptions about her life, occupation, personality, and even her family based on just one still moment in her life. This can become very inappropriate if our assumptions are wrong. We would hope that we are correct but there is always room for error. I hope that the impression that I give people is energetic, happy, family oriented, and an open communicator!
Image result for listening quotes

2 comments:

  1. It is so encouraging to get feedback from others especially when its positive. I have seen this quote many times but it is one that can be so powerful. Being an active listener involves listening and reflecting on the statement.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jasmine, you're right!! Appearance is very important in how people view us. Patience is something that I need more of! Did your views on your communication skills match up with those of the people who completed the inventories for you??

    ReplyDelete