Saturday, May 14, 2016

Your Personal Research Journey

Image result for quotes special education early childhood
My topic for early childhood is special needs children in early childhood. I have been interested in exploring the use of inclusive practices and seeing what resources are available for parents when their child has been diagnosed with a disorder. The family needs the proper support as well as the educator needs the tools and resources to shape the education journey of the child. The best practices need to be implemented for the particular disorder that the child has in order for them to reach their maximum success. I personally have connections with this topic because I have a younger brother with autism. It is important to me to ensure that the families are surrounded by the adequate amount of people who have familiarity with the topic. It is difficult to hear that your child may be different from "typical" children and that they need extra accommodations. I found a PDF article that had some good insights to the educator of children with special needs http://www.personnelcenter.org/pdf/earlychildspec.pdf

No comments:

Post a Comment