Saturday, May 21, 2016

Research that Benefits Children and Families


If I could personally research a topic in Early Childhood, I would chose to research the consequences associated with late diagnosis for children with disabilities. I know that this is a subject area that has previously been thoroughly assessed, but for my own personal benefit this would be the topic of choice. It is imperative that children are diagnosed by the age of 3, but if possible even earlier. That way families are able to prepare for the proper accommodations and implement the therapies and treatments associated with the disorder.



The topic of special education is a huge interest of mine. Having a brother
with autism, and literally finding out two days ago I have a sister with down syndrome, special education has become near and dear to my heart. My father just had another child 3 weeks ago, and after they concluded her testing she was diagnosed with down syndrome. I have always been intrigued by learning about various disabilities and disorders and the proper treatments and therapy that needs to be implemented.

No comments:

Post a Comment