Saturday, March 19, 2016

Getting to Know Your International Contacts

I have had one response from each of the countries that I chose to communicate with. I was able to formally introduce myself as well as they did the same. They both spoke on the same issues and what they wanted to address in their countries, improving education. They want the children in their countries to have the opportunity to learn without being in fear or without limiting themselves due to race. In my initial email, I spoke on how in America, children are still faced with adversities despite being in a country where education is embraced. The children here are faced with economic issues in the home that carry over into their academic achievements. I have not received a response to my latest email, but I am excited to get into a depth conversation about the educational aspects that are prevalent in other countries. From the discussion and application this week, I see that poverty is prevalent among other countries and is not a just an epidemic that is here in the United States.  Children as a whole are entitled to educational gain and long-term successes. We, globally, must band together and make it possible for our children to thrive.

No comments:

Post a Comment