Sunday, September 6, 2015

Week 1

I have been fascinated with young minds every since I can remember. Now that I have a little one of my own, the way that they perceive the world just blows my mind. From the way that imaginative play consumes their day to day actions to the way that social interactions shape their vocabulary, it is extraordinary to study. I have always expressed a great passion for children, but to actually study their interactions and development throughout adolescence has been a true eye opener. From birth through toddlerhood are the most intricate years of a child and those years define the success factors going into the school years. Influential milestones such as singing to your little one in the womb, to reading books at bedtime, and making silly songs at bath time can all play vital roles to vocabulary, speech, and thought processing. I am excited to be in this course and field, to learn so much more about the childhood stages.

2 comments:

  1. Jasmine,

    I have been blessed to enjoy similar experiences through becoming a mother as well. Watching my daughter develop through each stage, growing and leaning with each moment of the day is truly captivating and like you said, absolutely mind blowing! They learn so much in those first years, change so rapidly and simply experience so many firsts and new things, it is truly amazing. I remember the first time I watched my daughter notice her hands as an infant. Watching this discovery and the expressions on her face, realizing she had these things attached to her and she was actually in control of them, I just sat mesmerized at the development taking place before me. The brain is such an interesting thing but especially a child's brain!

    Looking forward to reading more of your posts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Jasmine, we have made it to the last week of this course. I just wanted to thank you for commenting, agreeing, and liking the information that I presented in the class whether it was in the discussion or blog posts. I noticed that we had a lot in common and seemed to form a sense of communicating and interacting with each other. It was a honor to read your blog and discussions post in this course. I just wanted to thank you for all of the experiences, insight, and knowledge that you have shared and given me and I hoped I returned you those same things. Thank you for all of your support! I wish nothing but the best for you in this program!

    ReplyDelete