Saturday, September 19, 2015

Personal Childhood Web

 This first person that influenced my childhood is my mother. She gave me life, showed me love, and instilled in me everything that I know now. She was a provider, my best friend, a leader, and my disciplinarian. She taught me right from wrong and though I didn't always listen she still loved me the same. She is the reason that I am the woman that I am today.
This is my older cousin Kemisha. She has had a major influence in my life because she was like the older sister that I never had. When I needed advice and felt like I could not talk to my mother about it she always had a listening ear. She is now the God Mother to my daughter and loves her and calls her her niece. She has been a role model for me since I could remember. She has taught me some valuable life lessons and we have shared many laughs and cries(we still do!). I wouldn't trade her for anything in the world even though we fuss and fight, the love never changes. 
 This is my grandfather. He practically raised me along with my mother. I remember all the summer vacations, family reunion trips, holiday family gatherings, and school functions, and all of those memories include this man. He has been like my father figure and has done a spectacular job! He taught me about Christ and made sure that I was in church every Sunday, he taught me how to ride a bike, and he even taught me how to drive. I am so thankful that he is apart of my childhood web and that I have had the opportunity to share my life with such a special person. He may fuss at me but the love just grows stronger and stronger.
 This handsome young fellow holding my daughter is my little brother. He came along later in my childhood but influenced it just as much as if he was there since I was born. He was born when I was 13 years old and he is who truly taught me to be a leader. When I realized that there was a little person that looked up to me and admired me, I began to realize the importance of my actions. He has taught me how to teach and instill morals in a little person and has a lot to do with why I chose to become a teacher in the first place.I love him with all my heart and I stay on him hard but I know that it will pay off. He will be very successful one day.
Last but definitely not least, my gran gran. Oh how I miss this lady. This is my grandmother, she passed away in 1996 and before I had the opportunity to cherish her as I would have like. Even though I was young when she passed I remember everything about her. Her scent, how she used to take me for snow cones when she picked me up from daycare, how she called my her jazzypooh, how she would take me for the day and we would go to all her friends houses and they would pinch my jaws, and even how she used to keep a warm smile on her face. She was the best grandmother that I could ever even dream about having, and I am privileged to have had her in my life.  She taught me what it meant to be strong, how to have a pure heart, and how to be a genuine and loving person to anyone who crosses my path.

1 comment:

  1. Jasmine, I absolutely loved your post. My mother played such a major role in my childhood and still to this day. My mother was the first person to influence me. She has showed, gave, instilled, and provided me with everything that I needed to be a grown and mature woman. My mother taught me right from wrong and even with bad decisions and choices that I made her love and dedication never changed for me. My mother said when you have your own children you will understand everything and now I absolutely understand everything she done and said to me. Now I know it was not to punish me or not to let me have fun. It was only because she honestly and truly loved me and wanted what was best for me. I just wanted to say that I really enjoy reading your blog and I look forward to your future posts.

    ReplyDelete