Saturday, October 14, 2017

Using Social Media

I currently do not have any source of social media, but I have had previous experience with Facebook. It is a great way for information to reach a mass amount of people within a small amount of time. It is also a great marketing tool for how your information can travel among individuals who you may not be directly linked to. I do not have social media but I do watch a large amount to YouTube. That is how I hear about new clothing stores, makeup launches, receive ideas on decor, and even innovative lunch ideas for my daughter. The influence of others helps to make decisions about shopping, clothing, and even lifestyle choices. I think that social media would be and is a very valuable asset to advocacy. It is a way to get the information and issues to the world to increase awareness. For any fundraising and monetary contributions, big time investors are able to see and identify the focus points and research the topic being identified. Social media also allows you to track your views and will let you know what tools for marketing are effective or need improvements.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Jasmine
    I see that several classmates who are not a part of social media however, I do agree that it is a great way to get information and issues to the world to increase awareness. Networks consist of individuals or organizations that share information, ideas and resources to accomplish individual or group goals. I agree with you that social media would be and is a very valuable asset to advocacy and is a way to get the information and issues to the world to help increase awareness.

    Cynthia Baker

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jasmine,
    I too have had previous experience with Facebook, and now I don’t feel like I am the only person in the world who is not on some forum of social media. I agree it is a great way to reach a large amount of people and a great marketing tool. I guess in order to get our advocacy messages across to a large amount of people in a short amount of time we have to get involved on some level.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jasmine,
    Just like you, I use to have a Facebook and Instagram page. However, after a while I was tired of people showing off and pretending to have it all. Therefore, I shut my pages down and have been without those sites for the past five years. I will admit, I do like looking at Pintrest for clothing and other fun ideas.

    ReplyDelete