Saturday, June 25, 2016

When I Think of Research

This course has been a tremendous eye opener for me when it comes to research. I have learned how to find the appropriate articles in relation to my study topic, and how to ensure that those articles are from reliable resources. I have been able to look at myself and ensure that my own personal biases do not interfere with the work that is being conducted, and that I am giving the best possible information to readers. My viewpoints have changed because I know that now I can not just rely on "Google" to give me the adequate information that I need. I have learned that when working with children and conducting research, I have to ensure that I have not only the consent of the parents but also of the participants. I do not think that I had any challenges other than recognizing my own personal biases and that the period of time I had to conduct research was limited. With school ending for summer vacation, I had to carefully plan to ensure that I could do my observations. I have just recognized, even more than before, how important early childhood education is and what impact early childhood can have on a child's adult life.  I have really enjoyed this course and wish everyone success in the future!

No comments:

Post a Comment