Saturday, October 17, 2015

Examining Codes of Ethics

NAEYC (National Association for the Education of Young Children) Core Beliefs that are important to me:
  • Recognize that children are best understood and supported in the context of family, culture, community, and society.
  • Recognize that children and adults achieve their full potential in the context of relationships that are based on trust and respect.

DEC (Division for Early Childhood) Core Belief that is important to me: 
  • We shall serve as advocates for children with disabilities and their families and for the professionals who serve them by supporting both policy and programmatic decisions that enhance the quality of their lives
These three beliefs are very important to me because they uphold integrity and compassion in our career field.  Compassion for our students and their families is an important key to being a successful educator. We are a team and working together for the best interest of the child. We are the advocates to ensure that they are getting the best treatment and services possible. That is my life long aspiration to be an advocate for children in low economic areas with special needs. These three statements help me to remain encouraged on what my dream as an truly educator is. 

Image result for special education advocate

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jasmine, My name is Arlyn Dahl one of your colleagues. I would like to let you know that I am very glad to meet you in this course. I really learned a lot from all of your postings about your experiences and knowledge. I hope we all can still connect through blogging.

    ReplyDelete